Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tonight...

So, today was a wonderful day... It started with my nieces and nephews coming over and it ended with an amazing night of praise and worship. Lex and I went to Katie's church and they had a worship service. They had music, invited people to paint or write on large pieces of paper and they showed a video that was great. The video showed how things can block our sight from Jesus and knowing that He is in control and He can handle all of my problems. As I was sitting there thinking about all of these things that take my eyes off of Jesus and knowing that He can handle any problems, three things came to mind... Pride, fear, and body image. The first is a hard pill to swallow at times and that is what makes it pride, pride comes at times to cover fear or because I feel I need to "do" more with my life. I am learning that what I do does not make me more valuable or more worthy, but I am just learning that God has me where I am at this point and it is right where I am supposed to be. As far as body image goes, it has been something that I have dealt with since I was a Junior in high school. It was never something that caused me to stop eating, I was just never happy with what my body looks like. It has driven my thoughts and actions for way too long. It is something that I have tried to get healing for over and over, but tonight I feel like I have given it truly to the feet of Jesus. I am sick of dealing with this day in and day out. It is an addiction of sorts and I am going to accept it as normal. I told my cousins' small group that those three things are what I wanted to lay at the feet of Jesus, so tonight I am walking with less baggage and my load is light because I have finally let Pride, Fear, and Body Image rest at the foot of Jesus. It is so freeing to know that He can handle all of my burdens and make my load light. I am so thankful for nights like this. God is so good! I love you all and hope you have a great night!!

No comments: