Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Health update...

So, I went to the doctor today at 2:30 to find out what my test results were. I got in and was sitting down with my doctor and she told me that my IGF-1 (insulin growth factor) was still high and that my growth hormone was high in one test and on the high side of normal for the other test... So, she said we needed to do something. This something looks like a double dose of my chemo... So now I just up my dose on Monday night and Thursday night. The last time I had this high of a dose, I was passing out left and right, so I pray this is not the case in the scenario.

For now the double dose of medication is to control the problem... In September, we are going to start injections which will hopefully cure the problem. The injections will be once a month and they will teach me how to do it so I am able to do it at home, which honestly is not the most ideal sounding resolution, but hey, what can ya do? The downside to the injections is that most people has adverse side effects and about 50% get adverse effects for up to 10 days after the injections... I am personally praying against that because let's be honest... no one wants that!!

So, as of now, I am just kind of going through the motions of it all... I don't know quite how I feel, but I do know that I am so thankful for all of you! Your thoughts, your prayers, your kind words... You are all so amazing!! I love you all!!! Thank you for everything... you definitely give me the strength to put my head up on hard days!! I can't even thank you enough!!!

No comments: