Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Living Life Loved...

I think so many times we just accept the way things are as the best they can be. Letting everyone else dictate to us how we see the world. We empower people to have control over our lives in so many ways, if they do something, if they do not do something, if they voice an opinion that is not even remotely right or kind in the least bit.

People like to have opinions, people like to be heard, everyone is searching for someone to validate what they say, but it doesn't mean that we have to let them change the whole outlook on our day.

I want to choose to live loved, I know that Jesus loves me and I love Him and that I have great friends and family, but how many times do I let one person's opinion change the course of my entire day? How many times do I let one thought decide what is true and right and good? Why do I choose to believe lies, when I know that I have the biggest advocate on my side and is for me and loves me, as I am, standing in this day today?

I am writing this because a week ago, I saw all of the lies that help so tightly onto my day and I saw Jesus' love tear through them and show me the truth that belongs in their places!!

I am choosing to be me and if that is not good enough, then that is ok. I don't have to or need to be liked by everyone to get some form of validation. I know who I am and what I believe and I have people in my life to share all of that with. God will bring people in and out of our lives, I want to love those people, that I may not necessarily enjoy the most. Only I can decide my outlook on the day and which steps with shape my future... Attitude is a big one, and knowing I am loved!!

This was a bit of a ramble, but I think it is about time we accept that we have imperfections and differences, but that is what makes us beautiful and that is what makes us unique. Jesus made us just how he wanted us... He knit us together in our mother's womb. If the creator of the universe knit each one of us together and planned our looks and personalities and likes and dislikes... I am pretty sure we are the most loved children around... We need to remember that as we go through our days...

I am off to bed for now, but that is just a thought that has been a brewin :) haha!! Good night!! :)

From one perfect fit to another,
Amy~

3 comments:

michelle said...

Agreed! And something that has been a theme with me and God recently, too - being content with and thriving in who He made me and not being jealous of other people's gifts or feeling guilty about who He has not made me to be. Love you so much for exactly who you are and the beauty God has given you!

Day Dreamin! said...

Michelle,

Thank you so much! Isn't it so fun to see how much Jesus loves us!!!

Mom and I were just talking the other day about who you are as a person and how amazing you truly are! You are a great mother and friend and you love so well!! I adore you just the way you are... Oh, and the older you get the more beautiful you become!! Love you!

Lindsi said...

Thank you Amy for this refreshing and heartfelt post! It really touches home and opens my eyes to see me in a whole new way. God has truly blessed you with such an amazing ability to speak His truth to others...so THANK YOU! Love you dearly my sweet and hope you are having a wonderful journey in TN:)