Sunday, November 21, 2010

Power to Live...

I do not think that we really understand or want to know just how powerful we really are. We have the power to help facilitate life or death into the lives of those around us. You are probably thinking to yourself... Yes, we can give birth to babies or we can kill someone with a gun, but alas my friends... You are not giving yourself enough credit...

When we choose our words we can choose to be negative or positive. I had a friend today encourage me by telling me who she saw me to be and what talents I possess. She told me something that I may not see if I were looking into a mirror... I mean, looking into a mirror you never really see yourself, you only see your reflection. When my friend told me these positive attributes it made me want to help others and be all that God created me to be. It made me want to take on the world, really walking hand in hand with Jesus, putting it all out there and risking the possibility of getting it all wrong.

If my friend had decided to tell me negative things about myself... You may see life fall from my eyes for a bit. When I could have taken on the world, I may now just want to believe that I can't do it anyways so why even try.

We are powerful... period. I just want to pose a thought to you... When you are stressed or tired or fed up with the little things in life or busy or wanting to feel better about yourself... Are you going to create words of life or death? Are you going to support someone and help them become the best version of themselves or are you going to sit and get jealous of their walk with Jesus and the life they get? I hope that I will remember to think before I react and help people succeed and feel loved and treasured and special. I mean, I would want someone to do the same for me :)

1 comment:

Lindsi said...

You are such a beautiful soul and I treasure you dearly! Thank you for all of your wisdom and love and for speaking the words that God has placed on your heart! Love you my precious friend:)