Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An in depth report...

For those of you who would like the facts and the concise version of catching everyone up on my life go ahead and scroll down to the last paragraph.  For the rest of you go ahead and enjoy my life for the last couple of weeks.

So, we arrived in Nashville, Tennessee after the second flight... Luckily, the second flight was nothing like the first!!  Praise Jesus and then some!! :)  By the time we got to baggage claim we only had a couple minutes until our bags were rolling out and coming our way.  We quickly grabbed out bags off of the thing that goes around and around... Very descriptive I know.  We ran to the curb called Kathy and were quickly whisked off in her little convertible, yes, I was in the back with the bags!! :) Haha!! 

While we were there we met Tyler's friends and our new friends and that was great!!  They were all so much fun and you really see people come to life when you play "Mafia".  My mom turns out to be an amazing mafia member and will kill of the last human before they figure out it is the sweet innocent lady in the corner... But, when it came to me, I was always wishing that I was a towns' person because I can neither lie or keep a straight face... One time I looked up my mom looked at me and said you are mafia... I didn't even have to open my mouth or anything like that... just look up!!  Then every time I was Mafia, Mark would be able to tell if I was lying in two seconds... Kathy and Tyler were at each other's throats and Vang and Joel were constantly suspicious!!  It was so much fun!!!  Everyone else played their own roles, but I will not bore you with any more details!!  

We got to hang out with Abi and Justin as well as Kathy (of course) and Tyler for the whole time.  It was great to get away from the house and the area and the doctors.  Now Kathy is going to come and visit!!!   It is going to be so much fun!!  

I went to the doctor yesterday and they warmed my arms with heating pads and the IV nurse got my IV in on her first try... and get this little little pain!!  It was the most amazing thing I have experienced in a long time!!  I had to fast for 12 hours before hand and when they started it was about 13ish hours and when they finished it was about 15ish hours!!  I was hungry!!  So they took 2 vials of blood at first and then had me drink something that tasted like orange triaminic (the good stuff, from when I was a kid and I would get a "cough" or something equally as obvious and false just to get a little bit of the stuff)  and then they took 2 vials of blood at a time for the next 2 hours... all together they took 10 vials of blood.  It went well and my mom was so kind as to stop at a place called "A Piece of Cake" and she got me two gluten free/dairy free mini loafs, one carrot cake and one marrionberry.  They were delicious!!  

Today, I have just been hanging out around the house... head still hurting... I have been more lightheaded than I have in a while, but it is all good... I am hoping we get the results to my test before the 25th, but as of now that is the date we have... I will let you all know if anything changes!!  I adore you all and thank you so much for your prayers!!  Talk to you soon!! Muahh!! 

1 comment:

Among Worlds said...

Amy,
Thanks for keeping us updated on how things are going. I am praying for you!

Margie