Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 3

This day began with ailments as normal.  I woke up this morning with a pounding headache that decided to grace me with it's presence all day long.  Kayli and I only got to spend a few of our morning hours together because I was whisked away into another doctor's office and this one belonged to Dr. Bob Sklovosky.  

Kayli has been having a good day except laying in the same position all day long, which brings pain through every aching bone.  She started to feel this pain but promptly took some pain meds and it helped a bit.  She has a doctor appointment with her primary tomorrow so we will see if her MRI showed anything new.  We will let you know what we find out soon.

I went to go and see doctor Sklovsky which was quite the experience!   First I had a hair sample test where they cut parts of my hair in chunks over 5 different parts of my head and I am not talking little bits I am talking, oops my hand slipped I hope no one notices, chunks.  Then I waited a bit longer and I was taken back to his office.  We started talking and he is the most potion man around.  He is from Brooklyn and talked about his mentor being like a (and I quote) "godfather".  Oh, I thought I died and went to heaven!  It was great.  We talked about all sorts of things and eventually did more testing including a routine exam and a heart test to see if I have any weird problems.  A few times the heart test showed that my heart rate was 0 so I kept telling the nurse that if I don't have a heart beat then I am dead and if I am dead than she is crazy talking to me.  After all of that I have 4 supplements for headaches and 3 supplements for boosting my immune system.  Tomorrow I get tested for 43 different allergens.  Oh, you know you are jealous and wish you could join me.  Dr. Bob said that all of the kids love it so much they request to come back for more testing right away.  I hope you have a great night and I will let you know how tomorrow goes.  Kayli and I are going to watch some good time television and take it easy.  (like we get out there and run around doing stuff all day) sadly today I feel like I did a lot of work.  Have a great night!!! We love you all.  

2 comments:

michelle said...

You are the most potion thing around! Good luck with your allergy testing tomorrow (yuck). :)

Anonymous said...

Ahem....Dear Amy and Kayli. Booowwww. Now down to business. In the wise words of Thane Furrows: "Mark?" No, but seriously folks. Stop your twitchin' stop your itchin' and stop your b....oh hold on a second an automated voice is calling me. *Heard on phone* What is your name? "Almighty Ruler" When were your carpets last cleaned, Almighty Ruler?

Sorry, that was very rude of me. Anyhow...get better and such and the likes. Ta ta

~Nicho