Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 7

Today is officially week 7, but this blog isn't about me. 

I have been thinking a lot lately especially tonight and I thought I would share with all of you.  I was thinking about my ideal of the perfect servant and I would have to go with my mom.  For those of you who know her you have an idea of what I am talking about and for those of you who don't you are truly missing out.  When I look over these past 7 weeks the one person who has been there for me through everything is my mom.  She manages a household, cooks, cleans, shops, parents, and takes care of me as well; driving me to doctor appointments, getting my meds, preparing food for me, buying food that I can eat which is a whole different list from the rest of the fam, when I am bumming she offers to take me somewhere, and she just is there to encourage or listen and hang out with.  She does all of this with a loving, gentle, sweet, compassionate, ungrudging attitude.  Even when she is in terrible pain in her arm or hip or whatever she makes sure that I am okay.  I cannot even begin to explain how much she means to me and how proud I am of her.  I know it is usually parents saying that of their kids but I am telling everyone that I am so proud and thankful that she is my mom.  I do not know many other parents who would take care of all of the details for this long and being able to exude love.  She is the most godly woman that I know and I hope that I can be like her when I grow up.  I wanted everyone to know that I have the BEST mom in the WORLD!  I love her and I love you all!! 

2 comments:

michelle said...

I love her too and think she is awesome! You can tell her I said so! :)

Day Dreamin! said...

I will for sure... right now!!! :)